Friday, July 13, 2012

And following the termination of my first blog, started over a year ago during my old NYC life, I opened this new blog, making way for a more unbiased blogging experience. Now, let's get started.
Personally, I'm not very fond of introductions, nor am I at all good at it, but I suppose I should start anyway.
My name is Natali, that's right, it's spelled without an 'e' at the end. I'm not exactly sure why, but my parents tell me that it's so I'd stay unique. Not really achieving anything unique with my life, but hey.
My mother came from a town in the middle east that's so small, you can't find it on any map. She grew up a dedicated fashionista and Christian, studying nursing and working in an insane asylum. Her life was spent travelling and having tons of fun until her mid thirties when she got married to my father and the both moved to the big apple.
My father on the other hand came from Russian blood and a long line of architects. He grew up in a mildly Christian household, but later deciding to abandon his religion. He grew up spending half of his childhood in Jordan and the other half in Russia, later going to college in Yugoslavia, studying math, science, and architecture. He's visited nearly half of the countries in this world and speaks six or seven languages fluently. He married a Jordanian, had two kids with her, moved to Detroit with his family, then divorced and came back to Jordan where he met my mum and they got married, had me, moved immediately to New York City, had my younger brother, and we've lived there for fourteen years.
In the summer of 2011, my father decided he wanted to take his work to Jordan to design and build houses. At least four or five. Therefore, my family made the big move to Jordan, an underprivileged country in the middle east.
Now this is the part where I give you a brief explanation of the place I now live.
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is a very small, neutral country in the heart of the middle east, placed right in the middle of huge war zones including, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt (not to mention oil king, Saudi Arabia). The neutrality of this country makes it a very war free place. Jordan is one of the only middle eastern countries that hasn't found any oil inside its borders. This tiny desert country is ruled by King Abdulla and his Palestinian wife, Queen Rania. Jordan is also home to one of the seven wonders of the world: the Hidden City of Petra. Not only do we contain Petra, but also Jerash, the Dead Sea, Aqaba, Mt. Nebo, and many, many ancient Arabian artifacts. Jordan is nicknamed, "The Promise Land" for its biblical notoriety.
I will admit that Jordan is an incredibly interesting place to live, but under my circumstances, I haven't been liking it too much (understatement alert). But that's a story for another day.
For those of you who have read this entire (incredibly boring) post, I thank you deeply for taking the time to learn about lil' ol' me and hope you enjoyed it at least a little bit (or enough to come back and read more).
For those of you who read maybe half of this post (give or take), it's okay, I understand. I probably wouldn't listen to my ramblings either.
For all of you: rock on and stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment